Sunday, September 18, 2011

Can you recommend a point and shoot digital camera with solid manual settings?

I am looking for a quality point and shoot camera. I want it to have good manual settings, a zoom of at least 4x, image stabilization, a minimum of 6 megapixels, and a fast processor. AA battery power source (preferably only 2 batteries, not 4), vari-angled screens, and wide lenses, are nice, too.





I already have a nice DSLR, but I am going to be traveling in central America this winter, and I want to bring a smaller point and shoot that I wouldn't have to kill myself over if I lost. Ideally, it would fit in my pocket, so nothing big like the cannon S5.





Currently I familiar with the Canon A-series, but my knowledge of point and shoot cameras stops there. I like the cannon A650 and A720. The A2000 is nice, but It doesn't have the manual modes I need. Can anyone recommend any cameras comparable to or better than Canon's A650 and A720? Any brand is fine.|||Probably the Canon G9 (G10 has too many mega pixels) or any of the three Canon SX series or S5. I really dont think there are any manual cameras that arent a little bigger. Maybe the Nikon P60? I dont believe that the new A2000 has any manual controls.|||You can compare cameras here ---





http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_鈥?/a>





The last one is the A590 and is much cheaper, yet has much the same features. It is rated highly. If I needed another camera, I would buy this one. You can't go wrong with any of the Canon A series.





Have a good time on your trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment