Sunday, September 18, 2011

Which camera gets the clearest pictures, from what I heard it all about the lens?

Which camera gets the clearest pictures, from what I heard it all about the lens? I have mostly owned canon鈥檚 and love them. Currently have the SD series 7.1mp and it still takes great pictures..





However, it time for a 2nd camera and I don鈥檛 know which one to get. I heard the bigger the lens the better picture it takes and that megapixel aren鈥檛 that big a deal as compared to the lens you get.





Is this true the bigger the lens the clear the picture? I know SLR鈥檚 are the best ones to get. However, I don鈥檛 have $700 to spend for a nice canon. I would like to spend $200 on a camera that takes clear pictures. I don鈥檛 care about the mega pixel or size of the camera. I would like them to have a rechargeable battery not that AA nonsense. Please advice.|||No, the size of the lens does not determine the sharpness of the pictures. The quality of the lens is very influential. For instance, I have a 70-300mm Tamron lens that takes ok pix, but my buddy has a 70-300mm Nikkor lens that takes excellent pix; this assumes the same camera and photographer. Other factors include the sensor and the photographer.





You're right, mega pixel (MP) has little to do with picture sharpness or clarity. It does determine the resolution of the pic, which can affect the sharpness of details. That said, your screen is only going to show about 2MP, regardless of the pic. A 4x6 print can use about 9MP for excellent quality, but I have made perfectly usable 4x6 pix with my old 1.8MP camera.





Canon makes several models that fit your budget and you will find that they will take quite clear pix. I think you would be pleased with the Canon PowerShot SX130IS. Also look at the Nikon Coolpix L110. Both cameras have vibration reduction which helps prevent blurry pix from camera shake.





As for AA batteries, you can get rechargeable ones and they are easily replaced in an emergency, but I believe that both of these cameras use the rechargeable Li-Ion batteries that I think you are looking for.





Finally, if your current camera still takes great pictures, why are you replacing it? Why not keep using it until it doesn't do something that you want it to do? Save you money for that DSLR that you really want.|||Well what you'd like to spend - you won't like what you get.





Trust me you're correct, dslr cameras are the best for any kind of photography. I have two Canon dslr cameras, the Rebel XS and the eos t1i. I also use a Canon 28-200 lens that is very sharp, quick and accurate. The XS and 28 package is about $1,000 - a far cry from $200. Perhaps you'd better up your budget if you hope to get this type of camera and a good lens to go with it.|||Yes. A good quality lens does have an advantage but overall, it's the person behind the camera that dictates picture quality. The camera is just a tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment