Sunday, September 18, 2011

Does the Canon Off-Camera Shoe Cord work with non-Canon flash?

I have some old flashes and I was wondering if I could use them with my Canon XTi. They work on the on-camera shoe, but I'd like to use Canon's cord to get an off-camera lighting effect. Do I have to buy Canon Speedlights for this to work?|||I would imagine if have a canon module so they work on the hotshoe then the pins would be in the same position to work on the cord. I would caution you to make sure the old flash is safe to use. Some strobes have very high trigger voltages. Modern digital cameras are not rated for these high voltages. Canon recommends only 6 volts. What normally happens with the ones that are too high voltage is that they work for a while then they stop and you find you have burned out the circuits in your camera body and have an expensive repair bill





One reference is here


http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolt鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment