Thursday, September 15, 2011

To All Canon SLR camera owners?

What Canon(s) do you own?/have you owned?





price?





best feature?





best feature in your opinion?





skill level needed to work it?





how easy is it for you to use?





what do you mainly use it for? (picture taking wise...nature,people, animals,etc.)





Is it also possible to record video/movies with it? (if so, to what quality?)





any other details or other things you'd like to say about it?





thank you!! :D|||1. Canon 20D





2. $350 ( mine was bought used from a professional photographer, since there was no way I could afford new)





3. Captures high quality images and has been very very reliable





4. You need to know the basics of operating a SLR camera, and if you have never used a DSLR before, you need to read the instruction manual cover to cover to familiarize yourself with all the features a DSLR has that a 35mm SLR doesn't have. To use it effectively off auto modes, I would say it's intermediate to advanced (but anyone can shoot on auto without difficulty, but who wants to pay the kind of money for a professional camera and use it like a point and shoot?)





5. Once I learned all the features and practiced, it is now second nature and easy to use (but was a little confusing at first, especially color temperature).





6. Product photography is my main use (I don't know why I like it so much, I guess just the challenge of lighting and angle that comes with it), I do a lot of small jobs for local businesses for ads and websites. I also use it for family events, nature photography, artistic photography ect... (basically a bit of everything).





7. Mine has no video feature, as it's probably around 10 years old, but newer models may (I am unsure on that).





8. As I mentioned, my camera was purchased used, and the photographer it came from happens to be a good friend of mine. We have messed around with various lenses and taken side by side "test" photos, and unless you are making enormous (poster size) prints, the image quality of my 20d is just as good as his much newer 50d. You only notice the difference in quality from the older camera and newer camera above 11x14 prints. If you are just starting out with photography, you may want to look into a gently used body and save a little money there, then focus more money on high quality lenses (which are what really makes the difference in image quality). Also, don't run out and spend thousands on equipment if you've never used a professional camera before in your life. Start with a body and single multi-purpose lens, master those, and then move on one piece of equipment at a time, mastering each as you go.|||Hi, this might help. Reviews and ratings from people who own Canon SLR cameras, http://www.reevoo.com/browse/product_type/digital-cameras/product_brand/Canon/Camera%20Type/SLR|||Canon FT


Canon EOS 1000


Canon EOS 5


Canon EOS 50e


Canon EOS 300


Canon EOS 3


Canon EOS 300x





Canon Powershot s40


Canon IXUS 107





Canon EOS 400D


Canon EOS 7D


Canon EOS 550D





Best feature: EOS interface. Transparent and logical to use.


Skill level: The 550D can be used by a total novice to expert.


Use: Carry with me camera (550D) Sports and nature (7D)


Video: Yes, I use both at a pro level for my job.





Canon is a great system, great lenses, user friendly and great results. You'll see by my roll call of canon cameras I am a fan of their system BUT I will give you the advice I give everybody...





I don't have to live with the camera, you do. Make sure whatever you choose fits in the hand, make sure you can reach the important buttons with your hand on the grip. Look through the viewfinder, is it clear enough for you. Try out the menu system, can you make some sense of it.





it's no point buying what I say is a great cam if it is too big or small for your hands.





If video is very very important you need to buy canon. If its only quite important then Nikon also make great cameras, and I would try a selection out. It's your hands that are holding it. It's too much money to spend to not feel comfortable with you select.|||EOS450D


拢450 with 18-55mm IS kit lens (2 years ago)


great picture quality


great picture quality


I can use it!!


I can use it!!!


People, landscape, macro


No movies


Still learning to get the best from it.|||1. Canon DSLR cameras range anywhere from $500 to $5000





2. the best features on ANY dslr is the fact that it has complete manual controls as well as an interchangable lens system





3. see above





4. you should know, or learn how to correctly use the camera in manual mode





5. my Nikon DSLR is a breeze for me to use, once I figure out where the controls are on a canon DSLR, that too would be a breeze





6. anything and everything





7. DSLR cameras with a movie mode are becoming ever so more popular. the cheapest canon DSLR with video is the T3, at $550, only 720p, however. the T1i and higher all shoot full HD, 1080p video





that pretty much covers it





here is the current lineup of Canon DSLRs





Xs, T3, T1i, T2i, T3i, 60D, 7D, 5Dmkii, 1Dsmkiv

No comments:

Post a Comment