Sunday, September 18, 2011

What can you tell me about Cannondale...?

Lots of people keep on tellin' me that they are weird bicycles, with weak frames and not so good components... but I like one old Canon that I saw, is in perfect shape, part of the Canon's vintage collection, and is on sale for $180.00... What do you think?|||I've owned many bikes made of steel, carbon fiber and aluminum. I currently own a 'dale R4000 CAAD5 it's a wonderful bike. The people I know that have them love them too. Components? Well if you buy a cheap one you get cheaper components like any other bike - makes sense right? You can't have a $800 bike with a $1500 component gruop now can you?





Now for the m200 it was a lowend bike with cheap components. I think $180 is too much for it. But I checked around and see they go for over $200 still. If you really like it it'd make an OK urban ride. Compared to the other m200 for sale it's a good deal.|||You didn't give enough information sorry. Cannondale makes good bikes.|||cannondale got a bad rep back in the 80's and early 90's because they did have some failure as many companies did. Everyone back then was trying to out do each other on wieght and sometimes things went alittle to far. This was mostly on thier road bikes. Cannondales failure rate is inline with the rest of the industry now and it was back then also. Cannondale was considered a higher end brand so when someone broka a 1000 + dollar frame it got more attention than all the cheap bikes that broke from other companies. Thier bikes are just a sturdy now as any other frame out there. Cannondale has always been one of the leaders in innovation in the bike industry

No comments:

Post a Comment