Sunday, September 18, 2011

What if my camera has dead pixels in the sensor?

Whenever I take long exposures (the longer the worse) I get a Red and Blue dead (or hot) pixels in my photos... I've only had my camera (Canon Rebel XSI) for only a month and I have it registered under Canon's 1 year warranty. Should I send it in for repair? I tried cleaning the sensor and that didn't work... so what do you guys think? Thanks. |||DSLR cameras and some others come with a feature called pixel mapping. This is a process that can be used to help alleviate problems like the one you are having now. Check your manual on how to run this with your camera. The companies use differing techniques, the result should be the same, no more dead pixels in your images. |||I think your sensor is dirty. A speck of dust will cause those symptoms.|||I have just noticed the problem on my 40D. It is NOT dust. Dust you cant see in the dark. You can send it back to canon, or you can map it. Set the lens cap on it, do a "manual sensor cleaning" for 30 seconds and it should map it out and not show up anymore. Ive done that and i can still see it when i'm viewing it in DPP but no other program will see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment