Sunday, September 18, 2011

What is the best printer for postcards?

I'm looking for a postcard printer for home and very small business use. It doesn't need to be the fastest one, but I wouldn't want to buy ink every 10 postcards.





I'm ready to pay up to $200 for it.





I have been looking for Canon's Selphy series, but are they any good?


(http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/contro鈥?/a>





I know that there are these huge office versions that would do this faster and better and I have to admit those are sweet...


but I just don't have the cash nor need for those.|||I can't say about the Canon Selphy but Canon printers are general very good. I have two and they are really good. I have the MP220 and the MP 610. I have had HP, Epson (which I would never buy again), Lexmark and Canon. Canon is for me the printer maker of choice, with HP being second.





I agree about having a warranty as at least then you know that for a year it has to work and if it does not you haven't got to pay to have it fixed. Buying used is good as long as it lasts but if not its false economy so its taking a risk in the long run.|||HP 800 series printers don't take up a lot of space and you can get a used or refurbished one and it will run almost forever. As for the ink go to www.printpal.com Save money on the cartridges and you order online and they come to your mailbox. I have an 810 and a 812.


One is the back up if needed. My son pulls parts from other ones and puts them back together again. I paid one dollar for 810 and $25.00 for the 812 on Ebay. I have what I need and I work mine to death. I have had the one new in 1998. It was totally squashed by a truck when moving. It was 9 years old and ran till that day. These printers do most of my clock faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment