Thursday, September 15, 2011

Is the Canon Rebel XTi a Good Choice for someone who has never used a digital SLR?

I have never used a digital SLR before, but I am very impressed with Canon's powershot handheld cameras. Would the rebel XTi be a good choice for me? Also, what lenses would be good for portrait and nature pictures?|||The Xti will be great. All SLRs these days have full auto modes so you don't need to learn all about manual controls right away.





As for lenses I'd get a camera with the kit lens. It's 18-55mm so it'll be good for scenic stuff as well as portraits. If you want to have major background blur on your portraits you should get the 50mm f/1.8 ($100).





If by nature photos you mean photos of birds and other animals you'll need a telephoto lens. These are lenses with a focal length measured in the hundreds. The 75-300mm is Canon's cheapest telephoto but it's also pretty crappy. I wouldn't pay the $300 they ask for it in stores but you can find it used for $100. Your next option is the 100-300mm. It`s hard to find new but you can sometimes get it used for $250. Your third (and best) option is the 70-300mm but it`ll cost you around $500.|||The canon rebel XTi was my first DSLR, and it was easy to use.


I bought 'Introduction to the Canon Digital Rebel XTi' DVD to help me get started.





I used that camera only to take a picture of my son and the


50mm 1.8f lense has done great job for portrait.


I guess it's the best lens for the money.|||I am sure the rebel xti will be a good one for you. here is a link to a great website that does camera reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment